Sunday, June 7, 2009

Marsala Chicken Casserole

From Living The Road Less Traveled

2 tbsp butter
10 oz fresh, sliced mushrooms
1.5 tbsp flour
1/2 cup Marsala or white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chopped/shredded chicken
2 tbsp parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat until just melted. Saute mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes..

Sprinkle with flour and stir for about a minute

Stir in wine and cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. About 3 minutes.

Stir in 2 cups of water, parsley, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.

In a casserole dish, spread (uncooked) rice in an even layer. Top with chicken. Pour the mushroom gravy on top. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.

Sprinkle with parmesan to serve

Comments: I love chicken marsala, so this was any easy way to serve it. I had very high hopes for this dish. I was a little disappointed by it though. It didn't have the flavor I hoped it would. It was good and I will likely serve it again, but it was just slightly bland for my tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment