Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake

From ZOE

1 lb ground chicken
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz tomato paste
1 cup water
1 cup milk
4 tbsp chicken broth
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp thyme
8 oz spiral pasta (or whatever you have/like)
2 cups mozzarella
1 tbsp bread crumbs

Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Cook diced onion until softened. Mix in minced garlic.

Place chicken in pan and cook until no longer pink.

Pour in tomato paste, milk, water, and broth, Stir together. Mix in thyme and oregano.

While sauce is simmering boil water and cook pasta until al dente.

Prep dish. Layer half of pasta, half of cheese, and half of sauce mixture. Repeat.

Sprinkle with breadcrumbs

Bake at 325 for 25 minutes

Comments: I don't do a lot of measuring when it comes to spices. I can usually judge pretty well and make adjustments according to our (aka: my) tastes. I missed it on this one. I definitely did not put in enough oregano or thyme. Otherwise this dish would have been wonderful. Next time I make it I will definitely adjust my spices. I also will probably use a different cheese, possibly an Italian blend. The leftovers on this have been really great also.

No comments:

Post a Comment