Thursday, June 25, 2009

Chicken with Mustard Marscapone Sauce

From Milk & Honey

3-4 chicken breasts, chopped
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
1 lb mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup dry Marsala wine
8 oz marscapone cheese
2 tbsp dijon mustard
parsley

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Ad chicken and cook until just brown. Set aside.

Melt butter in pan and add onion to saute. Add mushrooms and garlic. Saute until juices evaporate. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half. Stir in marscapone and mustard.

Return chicken to skillet and simmer until cooked through and everything is combined well. Stir in parsley.

Serve over orzo (or rice, whatever)

Comments: I was a little concerned about J liking this dish. I knew he would eat it because he basically will eat anything. But I always like to have him enjoy the things I cook. He isn't a fan of mustard, so I was afraid the dijon would be too much for him. He loved it though. C and I were fans also. The sauce was so flavorful. The marscapone made the whole dish. It wasn't super mustard-y. I wasn't a fan of all the time spent standing over a hot skillet, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment