Sunday, June 14, 2009

Taco Casserole

From Cully's Kitchen

1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
Mexican blend shredded cheese
15 oz refried beans
1 cup salsa
2.5 oz sliced black olives
1 tomato, chopped
corn chips, crushed

Brown beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and cook according to package directions.

Prep casserole dish and layer crushed tortilla chips on the bottom

Heat beans according to directions. Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup of salsa. Mix well

Pour mixture over chips. Top with beef. Sprinkle with cheese and olives

Bake at 375 until cheese melts. Sprinkle with tomatoes before serving.

Comments: This was pretty good. Very simple and quick. I wasn't overly impressed. I have several different types of Mexican casseroles and this would probably be among my least favorite. It did, however, give me a craving for King Ranch Chicken casserole. I'm sure you will be seeing that recipe in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment