Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stuffed Pasta Shells

From Blog Chef

1 pkg jumbo pasta shells
4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1/ cup chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup peeled and chopped cucumbers
1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
3 oz hard salami, chopped
Salad dressing (I used a garlic Caesar dressing)

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool.

Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and combine together.

Stuff each shell with mixture and refrigerate a few hours before serving.

Comments: I'm not really sure what I was expecting this to be when I purchased the ingredients for this meal. Its basically a salad inside a pasta shell, but thats not really what I was expecting. It wasn't until I started cooking that I realized what I was going to have. I got concerned because J doesn't really care for cold pasta.

This turned out so well. It was so quick and so easy. Its a perfect summer dish. It was very refreshing. Its also so simple to make it to your own tastes. Add in or take away whatever ingredients you want. I was quite skeptical, but this has definitely become a summer favorite.

This would also make a great potluck dish as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment