Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Alice Springs Chicken

Marinade:
1 cup dijon mustard
1 cup honey
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice

Chicken:
2 chicken breasts
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
paprika
6 slices bacon, cooked
2 cups shredded cheese (I prefer sharp cheddar, but pick your favorite)
2 tsp parsley (I leave this out)

Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour about half over the chicken and marinate about 2 hours. Chill remaining marinade until later.

Preheat oven to 375. Heat oil in a pan. Sear chicken 4-5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. In another small skillet, saute mushrooms in butter.

Brush each seared chicken breast with reserved marinade. Season chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Stack 2 pieces of bacon, crosswise, on each chicken breast. Spoon mushrooms over each breast and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve remaining marinade on the side.

2 comments:

  1. No comments??? I love reading your comments on how the recipe turned out. So, I'm dying to know how it was??? This is my favorite thing to eat at Outback. Although I've not been there in years.

    I love cooking blogs!! This is great. Just wish I had time to sit down and try some of your great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I just realized I didn't make comments. I will definitely have to do that.

    ReplyDelete