Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One Skillet Chili Bake with Mexi Ranch Sauce

1 lb ground beef
1 can red kidney beans
1 can rotel
1/2 cup uncooked rice
2 tbsp chili powder
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup water (if needed)

Brown beef in a large skillet and drain

Add beans, rotel, rice, and chili powder to beef. (Also add the water if needed, I did.)

Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.

Uncover and top with the cheese. Cook until it melts.

Serve over tostada shells. Drizzle Mexi Ranch sauce over top.

Mexi Ranch:

1 cup ranch
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin

Mix together

Comments: I've had this recipe in my file for a lone time and I was really looking for something easy for this week. This turned out so good. I messed up a little and used the hot Rotel I had for another recipe, rather than the regular Rotel. Hot Rotel isn't kidding around, so Miss C didn't get to test this one out. It was far too spicy for her. J, surprisingly, really enjoyed the heat. The Mexi-Ranch was a late addition because I thought it needed something to counteract the heat. It was a great addition. Again, another easy recipe that will definitely get added to the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment