Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicken Azteca

From Favorite Family Recipes

15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn (I used mexi corn)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup salsa
hot sauce *optional*
4 chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
Spanish rice, orzo, rice, whatever you would like

Combine beans, corn, garlic, cumin and half of the salsa in the slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours

Remove chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to the crock pot and stir in cream cheese and remaining salsa. Cook on high until completely melted.

Spoon chicken and sauce over rice and sprinkle with cheese.


Comments: J was much more of a fan of this than I was. I served it over Spanish rice, and if I was to make it again I might just choose orzo or regular rice. I think it was a little too much with the Spanish rice. I also might add a little bit more cream cheese next time. I liked that element of it and would like to taste more of it. I tend to go pretty easy on judging crock pot meals just because I like to keep as many as possible in my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment