Thursday, August 6, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti

From Cooking During Stolen Moments

1 lb spaghetti, fully cooked and drained
1 lb chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 cups chicken stock
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup hot sauce (this is for a mild heat level)
1 cup ranch dressing (or bleu cheese if you prefer)

Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Place in skillet with chicken stock, bring to a boil, cover and cook 10-15 minutes (until chicken is done). Remove chicken and reserve a 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.

In a sauce pan combine the cream cheese, hot sauce, and reserved cooking liquid. Cook over meduim low heat until the cream cheese is completely melted (it took some major stirring for this to happen). While the sauce is cooking shred or cube the chicken.

Add dressing and chicken to sauce. Stir to combine. Toss with the cooked spaghetti.

Review: This was amazing. AND EASY! I told a few friends about it and I actually got mixed reviews about whether it sounded yummy or not. That made me nervous. I should have known that I shouldn't be. This really is a big favorite of mine now. C ate 2 platefuls!!!! I got 2 thumbs up from the whole family. I will definitely have this one in heavy rotation. This is not something I say often but I am actually looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What brand of hot sauce did you use?? Did you use more than the recipe calls for? I am gonna try this next week! Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we used Texas Pete's, but any would work. I bet Frank's would be great. I used just a tad more than it called for, but not much. Since Cady was eating it I didn't want it too spicy. It had a good flavor and a little spice but it was not anything she couldn't handle.

    Its so easy. I think you guys will love it!

    ReplyDelete