Monday, August 17, 2009

Sesame and Garlic Chicken Noodle Stir Fry

From Stolen Moments Cooking

1/2 cup tahini (check in meditteranean foods section)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil (asian foods section)
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bag frozen California veggie mix (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
1 cup frozen peas
1 lb cooked soba noodles (I used regular spaghetti)
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

In a small bowl, combine tahini, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk until smooth.

Salt and pepper the chicken to taste. Cook in a large skillet with a tbsp of oil. Remove cooked chicken from skillet and add veggies (I actually used broccoli and peas and carrots. I left out the cauliflower because I don't care for it cooked. Choose veggies you like. Sugar snap peas would have been great. Baby corn, etc). Cook veggies about 10 minutes.

Once veggies are cooked add chicken back to skillet. Add cooked noodles and stir to combine.

Stir in sauce and mix well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds

Comments: This. Was. AMAZING. I love chinese food (Have you figured out yet that I like most food?). This tasted like some wonderful dish from some wonderful take out place. I was honestly impressed with myself. I was so sad when the leftovers were gone. I actually made this 2 weeks ago and I'm making it again this week. I've been craving it. I plan to add in a few more veggies this time. This is definitely a new favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment