Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chicken with Brown Butter and Caper Sauce

2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
1.5 cups flour
4 tbsp butter
2-3 tbsp capers
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 white wine

Pound out chicken breasts to a 1/4'' thickness. Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cover both sides with flour.

Cook chicken until done (2-3 minutes per side). Remove from pan and keep warm.

Add butter to skillet. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Cook about 5 minutes until butter starts to brown.

Add capers, lemon juice, and wine. Cook another 3-5 minutes. Spoon this sauce over chicken to serve.

Comments: Again, another winning dish. I love the taste of capers. This combination of flavors is one of my favorites. J isn't a huge fan, but he did enjoy it. It was very rich tasting. My one complaint about this dish is that it didn't make much. I always like a dish to provide leftover and this one didn't. Next time I will just have to double up on the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. A fellow cupcake !!!

    Hello, I'm leaving a comment for you because you have a great site here - I've really enjoyed reading your posts and your pictures are great !

    Thanks for sharing them and have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh cute blog!!!! Love this recipe!!! Im going to try it!: )
    If you would like please come visit me at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my current giveaway. I try to have a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you decide to become a follower so you don't miss out!
    xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete