Friday, May 1, 2009

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

From $5 Dinners

16 oz sour cream
1 can diced green chilies
1 cup chicken broth
1.5 cups shredded chicken
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Flour tortillas
1-2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large skillet, whisk together sour cream, green chilies and 1 cup of chicken broth. If the sauce is not to the consistency you'd like, add more broth. Stir in garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Reserve 1 cup sauce

Add in chicken and mix in well. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

Spoon chicken mix into tortillas. Place seam down in baking dish.

Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.

Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Serve with Black Bean and Corn Salad

Review: I was not super impressed with this. J tried to talk me into it but saying that sour cream enchiladas usually are fairly bland. I don't do bland. I've already thought through ways to spice it up a little next time. I might drain a can of Rotel and use it in place of green chilies. I also just boiled my chicken before shredding it. Next time I will season it and cook it up in a skillet. It was a good dish, just a little bland for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment